Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
An opportunity has risen with a reputable manufacturing business based just outside of Scunthorpe who are looking to appoint a Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager.
The business have grown significantly over the last few years and there is great positivity and camaraderie amongst the staff. This role will form a key part of the foundation as the business moved forwards and will contribute significantly to the development of the Supply Chain team. You will be joining a business who are investing significantly into staffing for the future.
The day to day role will include: –
- To inform, motivate and inspire your direct team, peers and colleagues to achieve the highest standards of supply chain management.
- Monitor, advise and report on the performance of the materials management system, produce data and measure results against the established standard.
- To liaise with all staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the Purchasing management system is functioning properly as defined in the procedures and manuals.
- Support manufacturing managers by focusing on waste reduction and increased efficiency.
- To manage the suppliers across the group encouraging better payment terms and achieving cost savings with suppliers.
- To ensure the suppliers are achieving OTIF deliveries and the quality of the product is to standard.
- To be a key player implementing a new ERP/MRP stock management system.
- To improve the stock management reporting system whilst the new system is being implemented.
- To manage stock and inventory levels, increasing stock turns and reducing the amount of stock holding.
- Through the logistics team under your direct control develop delivery of materials to line-side in line with the principles of a Lean manufacturing environment.
- To work with internal stakeholders to improve stock accuracy, quality and to reduce costs.
- To source new suppliers leading to cost savings.
- To have 5 years’ experience ideally at management level
- To have worked in a fast-paced manufacturing organization previously ideally from within the same industry.
- To have proven cost savings and supply chain optimization achievements
- To have experience in working in a business change environment
Submit Your CV
Are you ready to take the first step towards a new career? We can help! If you’re looking to apply for this role or are interested in something similar, submit your CV to one of our expert recruitment consultants today!
[contact-form-7 id=”391″ title=”CV Submission”]