Mechanical Design Engineer
White Label have partnered with a leading engineering company in Halifax who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer due to company growth and increased project work.
Are you interested in working for a company where you can really make a difference? Are you looking to advance your mechanical engineering skillset further? Our client will offer you the opportunity to get involved in special purpose machinery design from cradle to grave.
- Concept, design and development of new machines and products
- Review current workload with a view to improving planning, prioritising and delegating work.
- Place emphasis on cost of the design and cost down on established products.
- Work closely & manage the small existing design team to fully understand the customers’ needs and performance requirements.
- Design with cost in mind using cost effective decisions.
- Hands on production & R&D machine build
- Create and maintain machine technical files
- Working on existing designs, overcome mechanical problems, providing evidence, 3D models and fully details drawings (Solidworks CAD).
- Vault experience required
- Be able to work with the team but also individually on new projects from concept to production ensuring designs are robustly engineered.
- Liaising with a multi-disciplined team during development and also with suppliers to ensure correct materials and parts are sourced.
- Knowledge of BOM configurations (Sage system).
- Presenting designs throughout the project and holding design reviews to peers.
- Completing ECN work on existing designs.
- Be able to identify ISO standards which have a direct impact on the design.
- Knowledge of machining methods and sheet metal designs.
- Have some experience in industrial design to ensure the company produces aesthetically pleasing solutions to design briefs.
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years engineering design experience
- 3 years 3D CAD and PDM experience (ideally Solidworks), also have experience in AutoCAD
- Experience in general machine design and build.
- Hands on build experience.
- Experience working with gears, drives and motors.
Our client is offering a salary of £38,000-£40,000.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Lunch time finish on Fridays
Please apply for immediate consideration