White Label are working with an innovative and reputable business in West Yorkshire who are looking to recruit a Buyer to add additional strength to an already established Purchasing Department. The business are well established in the area and operate around core values of Respect, Passion and Honesty.
You will be tasked to take charge of a major category within the purchasing team which will include Maintaining stock safety and service levels, Supplier relationship development & Regular communication with key internal and external stakeholders.
The recruitment for this role is at the very early stages with telephone interviews being conducted from now, please see the job specification below:
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Management of Suppliers including Rationalisation, Improvements and Risk Mitigation
- Assist in Identifying and development new and current Suppliers.
- Regular liaison with Product Managers on NPI.
- Management and maintenance of Project Plans and Supplier Performance records.
- To attend contract related supplier site visits/commercial visits as required
- Responsible for organizing factory inspections and pre-shipment inspections.
- Proactively review alternative suppliers to identify better quality and cost potential as well as for benchmarking purposes for current supplier agreements.
- Operational support.
- Implementation of QHSE standards throughout contract activities
- Generate and maintain RFQ data to ensure accurate information is readily available for review.
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure clarity of information.
- To have experience in a Purchasing role within Manufacturing or Engineering
- To be Driven, Organised and Ambitious.
- Experience dealing directly with Far East Suppliers
- Highly Proficient with the MS Office package
- Commercial Awareness
The package on offer includes 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and options on flexible working hours, full details will be discussed on application.
Please apply by submitting your most up to date CV and giving us a time we can get in contact with you today or next week.
If you have any questions on the role please submit these alongside your CV and we will answer those on the initial call.