COLLABORATION WHILE IN ISOLATION
With millions of people currently isolated and stuck working on their own without colleagues and friends to bounce ideas off, the importance of collaboration within your industry has never been clearer.
Whether this collaboration is about supporting others in your network, brainstorming for ideas or reaching out for a second opinion, people are fast realising that it is an essential part of their business.
So, can online networking and collaboration be as effective as face-to-face scenarios? According to the results of a LinkedIn global survey, ‘61% of professionals agree there are opportunities to be found through regular online communication.’ The same survey also found that ‘38% of professionals have difficulties staying in contact with their network, even though they realise it’s important.’
In this article for Forbes, the CEO of Synergy HomeCare, Peter Tourian, says that “prioritizing networking” is one of the factors that supported his company’s growth. He also makes the shrewd observation that ‘Nobody builds a business alone’. Learning from others and leaning on them for support are essential actions of any successful businessperson.
So, what are the benefits of collaboration, and how do you create and use them properly? Read on to find out more…
What are the benefits of collaborating with industry peers?
- New contacts mean more referrals: It’s common sense that expanding your network can result in more referrals and therefore more revenue!
- Visibility: Raising your profile can result in exciting opportunities and keep you at the forefront of the minds of the right people.
- Knowledge: Regularly talking with your industry peers and attending networking events and webinars means that you understand the latest developments and findings in your sector.
- A problem shared: As the old adage goes, ‘a problem shared is a problem halved’. Getting valuable insights from your peers and learning from them will help you to overcome hurdles of your own.
- Mental wellbeing: Sometimes it can be lonely at the top. No matter whether you’re a CEO, sales manager or engineer, it can be lonesome if you’re constantly on your own – whether that’s physically or mentally. Finding common ground with others and realising that others face the same challenges that you do can help your confidence and general feeling of positivity.
Creating and using your network
Creating your perfect network circle in order to be surrounded by insightful and experienced people with whom you can collaborate will naturally take some time. You need to reach out via different avenues, raise your profile both online and offline and maybe even step outside your comfort zone.
There are business breakfasts, speed networking groups, online forums, webinars, specialist event groups and, of course, social media platforms.
You will find that different avenues yield different contacts who, in turn, provide a variety of support and help. While nurturing these networks, be sure to be generous with your time and offer to support and guide others as well. Not only will it help your industry grow and progress, but it will also position you as a knowledgeable and trustworthy business contact.
White Label – always #MakingPeopleBetter
In an effort to help our extensive base of engineering and manufacturing clients, the team at White Label is currently working hard on creating a new collaboration scheme. This partnership system is being designed so that industry experts can help each other, break feelings of isolation, and generally make the industries we work in become better connected.
Watch this space for an announcement soon on what we are working on and how you can get involved!
If you want further information on our #MakingPeopleBetter campaign or our recruitment practices then contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN IN ENGINEERING DAY 2O22 - INVENTORS AND INNOVATORS At White Label, we are lucky enough to meet some truly inspiring individuals and industry leaders through our specialism in recruiting for the engineering, supply chain and technical sales...