WHITE LABEL’S INVESTMENT IN PEOPLE REMAINS STRONG
As anyone who knows White Label will appreciate, we care very much about our people and take great care in looking after their careers, health and general wellbeing. This is why many years ago we sought to gain the ‘We invest in people’ accreditation from Investors in People.
We were delighted to have achieved the award and have been even more delighted to have been able to maintain it for the past six years.
White Label’s People
Our workforce is our most valuable commodity, and we know that we wouldn’t be where we are today without them. Creating a great work environment by motivating them, nurturing their talents and leading the company to success is of paramount importance to us.
The ‘We invest in people’ accreditation has been developed and refined over nearly 30 years and we love that we are able to benchmark against their very high standards to ensure that we are doing all we can for our workforce. Being awarded the three-year accreditation was a fantastic statement to our people and our clients about our commitment to their future.
As part of the accreditation, White Label has to be assessed every 12 months to ensure that we stay on track with our aspirations and goals for our people.
We recently underwent our annual Investors in People review and we are pleased to say it went very well. Despite the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused in the recruitment industry over the past 12 months, we have not lost sight of our goals and our priorities.
Our business may be spread out across our employees’ homes at the moment, but we are still White Label and our values are still strong.
As a recruitment agency, specialising in the Manufacturing and Engineering industries, we like to think that White Label sets a good example to our clients, while also demonstrating to our candidates that we prioritise their wellbeing and career journeys in the same vain.
Read on to find out more about our latest assessment and what our focuses will be over the next 12 months.
Assessment findings and goals
When we were first assessed 24 months ago, The Investors in People team found that White Label has:
- A very positive, empowering, and caring team working culture.
- Staff who are very positive about the organisation and the leaders at White Label.
- A transparent approach to business planning, with people clear about their targets and growth potential.
Our staff were deemed to feel like they:
- Have access to knowledge and information to do their job.
- Are consulted in decision-making.
- Are clear what is expected of them.
- Understand that their managers invest time in their performance management.
- Recognise that White Label’s reward and recognition strategy is clear and ‘definitely motivates me.’
- Know that information, advice, and guidance to help career development is forthcoming.
Following our initial assessment, we agreed to work on eight areas that were identified as things that could be continuously improved:
- Purpose (mission) and vision
- Health and wellbeing
- Culture champion
- HR metrics
- Succession planning
- Management capabilities
- Induction & values
In our most recent assessment, it was found that we have continued to make great progress in all these areas with our ‘values wall’, succession planning, leadership strategy and health and wellbeing particularly noted.
Over the next 12 months, we have been challenged to:
- Further develop our internal management training pack
- Create a culture of quick-fire feedback in all areas
- Undertake a restructure around the existing roles in the business.
- Introduce clearer management goals and skills training, ensuring the right people are in the right jobs
We are determined to be always striving to be the best we can be and have no doubt that the leadership and our teams will be able to rise to these challenges and meet them head on! Our commitment to #MaingPeopleBetter has never been stronger!
The benefits of an Investor in People accreditation
We emerged from our recent review with a renewed sense of purpose and vigour in relation to our commitment to our staff. The new focuses give us structure and show our staff that we will never let this aspect of our business take a back seat. We believe that when it comes to our people, there is no better goal than to strive to be the best!
There are so many important and far-reaching benefits of having an Investors in People (IIP) accreditation that we really do encourage all our manufacturing and engineering clients to get involved.
As well as giving a real purpose to your HR policies, it can also:
- Help a business grow – 60% of the Investors in People accredited companies predict their business will grow, compared to a national average of just 47%.
- Give you real insight into how your workforce is developing and how it is helping you to achieve your business goals.
- Provide you with expert advice and guidance on how you can build on your strengths and tackle the areas that need improving.
- Help you to attract better talent. At the end of the day, the best workers out there want to work for a company that values them and is able to support their career and an IIP accreditation helps you stand out from your competitors. The better talent you have, the better business you have!
So, there we have it – the only question left seems to be why wouldn’t you want to strive to invest in your people?!
Here at White Label, we are confident that it is one of the best things we can do to support our staff and would be happy to discuss the process with any of our clients who are considering it – get in touch today!
MANUFACTURING AND ENGINEERING ROADMAP FOR 2021 While the manufacturing and engineering industries have been greatly impacted by COVID-19 over the past 12 months, 2021 is looking like a brighter and much more hopeful time. Both sectors have come to be recognised...